Skip to main content

Look who is one year OLDER!

Yep....It's ME!

I feel like I was just blogging about my last birthday. Wow does time go by fast. Isn't it sad that as we get older time goes by faster and faster. When I was in elementry school summer felt like it lasted forever. I remember actually asking my mom when would school start because I was ready to go back. Then when I got into Jr. High and High School summer went by way too fast and I never felt ready to get back. Now as an adult summer is a blink of an eye, and I never felt like I even had a summer.



My day was fabulous. Brian got Kelley, my sister-in-law, to watch the kids so he could take me to lunch at the Zinn Bistro. Of course it was amazing. In the evening my bros came over and we just hung with the kids and played on our front porch. I couldn't have asked for better weather.

The next night my mom made a big dinner for me. We grilled filet mignon with veggie kebobs. AWESOME!!! She even docorated the house for me. Party hats and all. I can always count on my mom to have the decor perfect. It is her specialty.

I hope this year doesn't fly by like most. My goal is to slow down, enjoy the simple things, play harder and stress less.

Comments

Happy Birthday Ang...looks like it was a good day!!
Mandy said…
Happy Happy Birthday Angie Dear!! I am so jealous you got to live out our Zinn dream and once again indulge. Was it every bit as good as the first time? That is definitely in my birthday plans. Daren mentioned he might not be able to get off work to do lunch so I mentioned I could just go with the girls. He wasn't even having it after all the talking I have done about the scrumptious food. Apparently he is willing to risk his job to replay our experience. I hope I haven't talked it up too much. Hee hee
Sid said…
Happy Birthday!
Anna said…
Happy belated birthday Angie!
Kami Su said…
Happy Birthday! I look at your pictures and can't believe you just had a baby-you look so great!
Jill said…
Your Birthday was a fun day. The picture you posted looks like the real party mood. Lets have lots of fun Birthday's in the future!
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Lucy's Birth

Today I am going to sit down and take the time to journal Lucy's birth story.  My feelings are still so fresh and I want to remember my experience forever.  When I found out I was pregnant with Lucy I had feelings of apprehension and fear.  I wasn't ready for another baby nor was Brian to say the least.  I actually kept the news to myself for weeks, till I could no longer keep it to myself.  I knew that I had to keep working to keep the family afloat and if there were any complications we could not survive without my income.  Lots of prayers were said to keep this baby inside me so I could take care of our family and house.  To say the least my prayers were answered and this was the most smooth sailing pregnancies yet.  I was able to work part-time and at the end go full-time, and actually Brian and I were able to travel to Europe for 2 weeks when I was 24 weeks pregnant. Sweet! Since the day I told Brian I w...

I have "KIDS"

So, I find myself tripping out at the thought that I now have 2 kids. I was completely freaking out before baby Jack arrived due to the fact that I feel like Emmi is a handful and I can't imagine doubling that work. To get myself to calm down I would just tell myself, "everyone does it, right?" Well, to say the least it hasn't been a breeze so far. I am handling the baby fine. Yeah, some sleep deprivation, but Emmi has been a complete "2 year old" nightmare. I believe she is loving her baby brother, although she thinks that smothering, hitting, poking, jumping near his head, yelling in his ear, and collapsing to the floor everytime she doesn't get her way at that moment seems to be a good way to get attention. YIKES!!! My patience is wearing thin. I would LOVE any advice on handling two kids and most importantly handling a 2 year old with a new sibling. This is innocent Emmi loving her brother at the moment

Reality Check

Holy Cow.......Brian and were just relaxing on the couch enjoying some Christmas music, our Christmas tree and lighted mantle with the stockings hanging.  We had a reality check when we saw 5 stockings hanging.  We are almost a family of 5.  Wow.......pinch me!  We are getting so excited to welcome our newest 5th member of the family. It's amazing what two people can accomplish in 10 years.