HaPpY BiRtHdAy
EmMi

Emmi turned 3. Deciding the theme of her party seemed to change at any given moment. At first she wanted a pink party, then it went to a purple party, then to an orange party. When I mentioned a rainbow party she thought it was the best idea ever. Isn't it fun when your kid actually thinks you're the hero? She couldn't stop telling everyone that she was going to have a rainbow party. She invited 4 neighbor friends. They all wore their favorite color and we had a little "rainbow" lunch, and all the food had something to do with colors or rainbows. I ordered rainbow bread from a local bakery and made peanut butter and jam sandwiches, and egg salad sandwiches on the request of Emmi. A fruit platter in the shape of a rainbow and just some rainbow snacks.


After lunch they took some time to make some bead necklaces with all the colors of the rainbow. For a bunch of 3 year olds I think it went pretty well. I laugh at myself because for some reason I had these high expectations of how the party would go. I forget that the attention span for a three year old is like 5 minutes or less. We put all the unfinished necklaces in baggies to finish at home. Then quickly moved to the pinata before anarchy hit.

The pinata was the hit of the party. The girls could have kept taking turns hitting it all day. Some girls were light weights, but then there was Annie who was a total slugger. She would have made her daddy proud. She knocked it so hard everytime, but unfortunately Brian and Ric had to help break the thing open. They all gathered the candy and toys and they all protected their stash from each other. Pretty funny to watch.

We opened presents with "heavy heavy hangover". With the first bump on the head Emmi got all ticked off at her friend for "hitting" her. She finally got the hang of it and "allowed" the bump on her head with a smile on her face.
When the party was over and everyone started to leave Emmi was in a panic asking all her friends why they had to leave. She was so sad I asked Ella's mom if Ella could stay and play. The two of them played with all her new toys and had a blast.
In the evening family all came by for some cake and icecream. I made a strawberry cake from scratch from the request of Emmi. It was a hit. Jack napped during Emmi's friend party earlier, so in the evening Jack was all over helping Emmi open her gifts she got from family.

When Emmi was opening Grandma Birkeland's present we made her open the card first. She opened it up and we asked her what it said. She said in such a serious tone, "come to my party and bring me presents". Wow did that get a laugh out of everyone. It's all about the presents at this age.
Grammy Jill gave Emmi some princess movies, books, bath toys, and new clothes
Good ol' Uncle Jonny spoiling Emmi with some new clothes. Jon should feel lucky because she actually tried on the clothes on the spot. Dressing her in anything is always a fight. Go figure. 




Comments
Oh, I made an appointment with Dr. Anderson after I talked to you at Grandma's house. We been going three times a week. I think it's helping. Only time will tell--but I think we're on to something good:)
Thanks again.