Skip to main content

Yo Ho Yo Ho.....A Pirates Life For Me!

Here we are in Disneyland! Yes, we took a 10 hour car drive to sunny California. We took off early Tuesday morning and caravanned with Eric and Kelley and their kids. We did the drive in one day. Are we crazy? YES!!! The kids actually did well on the drive it was the next day that we wanted to strangle a little girl named Emmi. (and that is putting it very nicely) We all got to bed around 11:00 pm that night and Emmi woke at the butt crack of dawn asking us over and over if it was time to go to Disneyland. Right then I knew we were in for it. By noon she was a wreck. She was asking for anything and everything and if she heard no it was meltdown central. Good thing our hotel was close so we could take her back and take a nap.
Emmi loved to jump from bed to bed in the Hotel. After the 5th casualty we had to separate the beds further so she couldn't jump anymore.


Welcome to Disneyland. Our Hotel was just across the street from this entrance. Just a 5 minute walk and we were there.


So we kinda started the first day off a little rough. We looked at a map, and mind you all of us are clueless on Disneyland. We chose to go on the Jungle Cruise. I have no idea what this ride is all about. Emmi is so excited to be in Disneyland. We get on the boat and about 1 minute in Emmi's head is in my lap and crying. She is so scared she is shaking. Hmmmm........woops!


Then, we tell her it will get better. We head over to Pirates of the Caribbean. I had not been to Disneyland in maybe 20 years so you can't blame me for choosing this ride next. I take no blame at all. We get into the boat and again 1 minute into the ride Emmi is freaked out. Jack is just huddled into me watching everything, but being just a good boy. Emmi at the end of the ride is crying saying, "I don't like Disneyland and I want to go home" Woops.....again!


So, to make everything better we headed over to Small World. And this is where Emmi fell in LOVE with Disneyland. This is when we finally saw Emmi smile. You will see many more pictures in Small World cause we went on this ride not kidding over 7 times. It was the theme song of the trip. I can't tell you if that was good thing or a bad thing.




Mickey mouse made of flowers at the front entrance.



Melanie and Emmi in front of the princess palace. Emmi's face lit up when she saw this pink palace. She wanted to go in and see all the princesses. She was a bit disappointed when she couldn't get in to see them.







Toon Town was a highlight for Emmi. Nothing scary! Well.....she was freaked on Pinocchio!





Brian's favorite was the Jedi Training Acadamy. He had a permanent smile on his face the whole show. Of course Emmi was scared of everything. Is that a surprise?





Our second day in the park we had lunch at Ariel's Grotto. The girls got to meet all the princesses. Emmi earned her right to be there fair and square. She had to sleep through the night without waking. She did it. She was really cute with all of them. She talked to them and asked them questions. She had a perma grin.


We bought all the girls a little notepad to have the princesses give them their autographs. Of course Emmi lost hers the moment we bought it. But, she said she didn't care if she didn't have their autograph cause she already knew their names. She sang a different song when she saw all the princesses signing all the little girls books. Kelley saved the day and had an extra notepad for her so she didn't feel left out.


When we were leaving she said, "Mom, the princesses didn't actually eat lunch with us" I just looked at her and said her daddy's famous quote, "It's never good enough is it?" and left it at that.










Emmi is happy as a clam. Two of her favorite things "Coppin Candy" and Small World!



Jack's favorite was the carousel. We could have gone on it a hundred times. He was so chill this trip. In fact I thought he would be the hard one. But he proved himself to be a little gem compared to the big sister. There were plenty of time outs back to the hotel and lots of tears shared between the both of us. Way to be Jack. You are the man!


Emmi and I with Mickey Mouse. Jack and Brian are back at the Hotel taking a little snooze. I had to bribe Emmi with all I had to get her to even stand next to Mickey and pretend she wasn't scared.




Jack in Toon Town just chillin!



The Teacups became the loved ride. By kids of course. I had my way of getting through the ride without puking. I would look at the center wheel and not take my eye off of it. If I saw spinning around me I would get sick instantly. All 7 of us fit in one teacup. We are missing two. Kelley and little Syd. Syd was back at the hotel sick with a fever and then later rushed to the ER where she stayed on IV antibiotics for a UTI that spread to her kidneys for the remainder of the vacation. Poor Kelley couldn't see her two older girls enjoy Disneyland and then had to stay in a dingy hospital room with her 23 month old who was sick! We all survived and Syd finally got discharged the day we all headed home. She got to see the beach and get her feet in the ocean.


All the kids on Tom Sawyers Island. They loved exploring and Jack especially loved the pirate faces in the tree house.




All the kids waiting for the boat to take them back to Disneyland and off the island.




Had to get a picture at her favorite ride, Small World with her favorite person, her Daddy!


Jack I can say loved Small world just as much as Emmi. Each time we went through he would notice new things that would light up his face. What a happy ride!




Jack enjoying his McDonald's cheeseburger. I tell you by the end of this trip if I even saw a McDonalds it would make me sick. Our hotel was right next to one so all the kids always wanted to eat there. Boo!!!!! That's why I can say, "I got fat in Disneyland" That could make a sweet license plate cover.





Everyday we would take a lunch break and go back to the Hotel and swim. This is where it got hard to tell Emmi to get out of the pool to go take a nap. Oh the woes of being 3.


The train was a must for the littles.



We all did survive. Well, Sydney barely did. And Jack almost got 3rd degree burns from a stupid cup o noodle cup that I left unattended. Thankfully it had been sitting for a couple of minutes before he reached up and poured it all over his face neck and hands. I thought for a moment we would be roommates with Syd in the hospital. We can say we did it and that we won't have to do it again for awhile. Now we were moving onto the next leg of our trip. THE BEACH!!!!!




Comments

Heather said…
What a fun trip! You guys are great parents!
Kristin said…
Yikes! Your mom told me about some of your trip. . .now for a vacation from your vacation;)
Okay first you look great..love the hair. Second HOLY CRAP Emmi's getting sooo big so is jack..third, why the hell havent i seen you in son long??? We need to get together!
Tiffany said…
Welcome back!! Your kids could possibly be the cutest kids I have ever seen. Everybody always says that girls are harder than boys. I guess you're living it, and so am I!! Hope you enjoy the beach time. Can't wait to see you and here all about it in person.

Popular posts from this blog

Family Pics!!!

It's that time again for family pictures for the good ol' Christmas card. I always hate doing this, but you know you just got to do it. It took me weeks to get together everyones outfits. I stewed and stewed about where I wanted the shoot and what style I was looking for. I hired this amazing photographer and I am for the first time extremely impressed of how things turned out. Here are a few sneak peeks! Emmi was handing out fake smiles and frowns the entire shoot. I can't tell you how hard it is to get everyone with their smiles on in one photo. I think that our little Jack stole the show. He was by far the cutest in every photo. P.S. Oh yeah..... I completely CHOPPED my hair. It's been a little hard to adjust to, but a good change.

Baby JACK JONES!

We showed them didn't we Jack? As I said in my last post I was going to tell the hospital that Jack wanted to be born on May 20th regardless of what they say. My last post was written on May 20th at about 7:45 p.m. While writing the post I did feel some stronger contractions but since I had been contracting all day I really just ignored it. Until I published my post and started walking around. They immediately started coming 3 minutes apart and I had to breath through them. Brian was putting Emmi down to sleep, but I barged into the room and said we need to go to the hospital fast. I called Eric and Kelley to take Emmi and in no less than 5 minutes we were out the door. Emmi couldn't have been more thrilled. Off for a sleep over with her cousins. Driving to the hospital was the longest drive possible. The contractions were coming so fast. I was a contortionist in the passenger seat while gripping Brian's thigh everytime a contraction hit. Brian dropped me off in the round a...

I have "KIDS"

So, I find myself tripping out at the thought that I now have 2 kids. I was completely freaking out before baby Jack arrived due to the fact that I feel like Emmi is a handful and I can't imagine doubling that work. To get myself to calm down I would just tell myself, "everyone does it, right?" Well, to say the least it hasn't been a breeze so far. I am handling the baby fine. Yeah, some sleep deprivation, but Emmi has been a complete "2 year old" nightmare. I believe she is loving her baby brother, although she thinks that smothering, hitting, poking, jumping near his head, yelling in his ear, and collapsing to the floor everytime she doesn't get her way at that moment seems to be a good way to get attention. YIKES!!! My patience is wearing thin. I would LOVE any advice on handling two kids and most importantly handling a 2 year old with a new sibling. This is innocent Emmi loving her brother at the moment