Emmi has finally overcome her fear of water and has learned to kinda sort of swim. It wasn't an easy process. In fact, they just pushed her in over and over with her screaming, but after 12 weeks of weekly private lessons she is floating, swimming with head under the water, and jumping off the diving board in the deep end.
She in fact maybe a little too confident in her skills. Her last day of preschool they went swimming at the Fremont Pool. She and a friend went out to the deep. She kept trying to reach for the side of the pool and couldn't reach. I saw her struggling so I, the mother, go running to get the gaurd to see her and to get her, while two other moms go in fully clothed to save her. I got mother of the year award.
She in fact maybe a little too confident in her skills. Her last day of preschool they went swimming at the Fremont Pool. She and a friend went out to the deep. She kept trying to reach for the side of the pool and couldn't reach. I saw her struggling so I, the mother, go running to get the gaurd to see her and to get her, while two other moms go in fully clothed to save her. I got mother of the year award.
Comments