Skip to main content

"Fall"ing in love

LEAVES!!!!

Emmi was thoroughly entertained with the leaves this year. Peer pressure was the driving force to even get Emmi into the leaves. Her little neighbor Annie was diving into them, swimming in them and burying herself in them. Emmi of course had to do it "herself too". After she finally inched her way into the pile she never wanted out. She begged to play in them daily until Daddy had to rake them up and bag them. It was a sad sad day!

This fall has been absolutely beautiful. We have enjoyed ourselves outside as much as possible. Jack is an outdoors guy too. So, most of our days have been playing in the back yard getting in as much outside time before the harsh winter comes.





Comments

Jill said…
The cutest family in the world. Wow, Emmi looks so at home among the leaves. Jack....he just looks like he is along for the ride. I love that kid.
I can't believe Jack and Lottie have not met....We need to get them together. It would be love at first sight.

Popular posts from this blog

Lucy's Birth

Today I am going to sit down and take the time to journal Lucy's birth story.  My feelings are still so fresh and I want to remember my experience forever.  When I found out I was pregnant with Lucy I had feelings of apprehension and fear.  I wasn't ready for another baby nor was Brian to say the least.  I actually kept the news to myself for weeks, till I could no longer keep it to myself.  I knew that I had to keep working to keep the family afloat and if there were any complications we could not survive without my income.  Lots of prayers were said to keep this baby inside me so I could take care of our family and house.  To say the least my prayers were answered and this was the most smooth sailing pregnancies yet.  I was able to work part-time and at the end go full-time, and actually Brian and I were able to travel to Europe for 2 weeks when I was 24 weeks pregnant. Sweet! Since the day I told Brian I w...

I have "KIDS"

So, I find myself tripping out at the thought that I now have 2 kids. I was completely freaking out before baby Jack arrived due to the fact that I feel like Emmi is a handful and I can't imagine doubling that work. To get myself to calm down I would just tell myself, "everyone does it, right?" Well, to say the least it hasn't been a breeze so far. I am handling the baby fine. Yeah, some sleep deprivation, but Emmi has been a complete "2 year old" nightmare. I believe she is loving her baby brother, although she thinks that smothering, hitting, poking, jumping near his head, yelling in his ear, and collapsing to the floor everytime she doesn't get her way at that moment seems to be a good way to get attention. YIKES!!! My patience is wearing thin. I would LOVE any advice on handling two kids and most importantly handling a 2 year old with a new sibling. This is innocent Emmi loving her brother at the moment

Reality Check

Holy Cow.......Brian and were just relaxing on the couch enjoying some Christmas music, our Christmas tree and lighted mantle with the stockings hanging.  We had a reality check when we saw 5 stockings hanging.  We are almost a family of 5.  Wow.......pinch me!  We are getting so excited to welcome our newest 5th member of the family. It's amazing what two people can accomplish in 10 years.