Skip to main content

Christmas 2009 recap!

Wow....I'm back

It's been a whole heck of a long time since I last updated. Yes, we are alive....just barely. I feel like I am just starting to get into the swing of things with my full time mom position and part-time nurse position. It's a juggling act but we are all surviving. Brian has done amazing. He manages the two munchkins, my ups and downs, and his search for "what he wants to be when he grows up" sort of thing. Blogging has been at the bottom of my list, but as of late my conscience is getting to me since this blog is our family's only documentation of what we do day to day. I would like my kids some day to know that they did have a young mommy and daddy, we did play and we had fun. So there you go.....memories.

Christmas Recap!


Here is Jack with White Trash Santa. I think he had a total of 5 teeth and had major halitosis. Emmi wouldn't get within 10 feet of him. Who could blame her. This picture cost me 15 dollars. What a joke. I didn't have my camera, but my mom insisted we get a picture of Jack with Santa. Thanks for this memory Mom!


Birkeland family christmas party we did the nativity with all the cousins. Wow was it hilarious! First of all Emmi was mad the whole time because she didn't want to be a shepherd, and refused to keep her hat on. Stubborn little child!




Who is this kid??? The million dollar question. We don't really know. There is no recollection of either of us, but we can say he is cute. Christmas for Jack was all about the ribbon and his trucks.



Here is a glimpse of the power struggle between the two munchkins. Emmi ripping the gift out of Jack's hands.....Jack trying to hold his ground..... Emmi wins! Jack cries! What a wonderful World!



Emmi asked Santa for 2 things. For months she never strayed from her request. It was never added upon either. Lucky us! A pink jump rope, and a purple "skateboard". Well, Santa pulled through on the jump rope. She did get a letter from Santa saying that he was all out of purple paint for her "skateboard" so he had to go with red. So, he did manage to give her a red scooter, which she calls a skateboard.


My all time favorite gift this year was the button bracelet that Emmi surprised me with. She made it all by herself and then Papa Ric made it into a bracelet. She was so proud of herself when she gave it to me. It is a gift I will remember forever!


Brian this year's theme was orange. He actually got a new Canon Powershot orange camera and this orange sweater. Finally, this year I was able to surprise him on both items.

Comments

Becky said…
Ahhh, I love the button bracelet, how CUTE!!
Anonymous said…
Nice blog with nice picture of cutie, enjoying the Christmas celebrations. Your kids are adorable. Keep on posting some more pictures of them. Ihampers.co.uk

Popular posts from this blog

Lucy's Birth

Today I am going to sit down and take the time to journal Lucy's birth story.  My feelings are still so fresh and I want to remember my experience forever.  When I found out I was pregnant with Lucy I had feelings of apprehension and fear.  I wasn't ready for another baby nor was Brian to say the least.  I actually kept the news to myself for weeks, till I could no longer keep it to myself.  I knew that I had to keep working to keep the family afloat and if there were any complications we could not survive without my income.  Lots of prayers were said to keep this baby inside me so I could take care of our family and house.  To say the least my prayers were answered and this was the most smooth sailing pregnancies yet.  I was able to work part-time and at the end go full-time, and actually Brian and I were able to travel to Europe for 2 weeks when I was 24 weeks pregnant. Sweet! Since the day I told Brian I w...

I have "KIDS"

So, I find myself tripping out at the thought that I now have 2 kids. I was completely freaking out before baby Jack arrived due to the fact that I feel like Emmi is a handful and I can't imagine doubling that work. To get myself to calm down I would just tell myself, "everyone does it, right?" Well, to say the least it hasn't been a breeze so far. I am handling the baby fine. Yeah, some sleep deprivation, but Emmi has been a complete "2 year old" nightmare. I believe she is loving her baby brother, although she thinks that smothering, hitting, poking, jumping near his head, yelling in his ear, and collapsing to the floor everytime she doesn't get her way at that moment seems to be a good way to get attention. YIKES!!! My patience is wearing thin. I would LOVE any advice on handling two kids and most importantly handling a 2 year old with a new sibling. This is innocent Emmi loving her brother at the moment

Reality Check

Holy Cow.......Brian and were just relaxing on the couch enjoying some Christmas music, our Christmas tree and lighted mantle with the stockings hanging.  We had a reality check when we saw 5 stockings hanging.  We are almost a family of 5.  Wow.......pinch me!  We are getting so excited to welcome our newest 5th member of the family. It's amazing what two people can accomplish in 10 years.